Monday 29 September 2014

Sleek purple eye look

With my usual eye looks I tend to stay safe and do boring neutral looks as I know my browns and golds will never fail me.

So last night I decided to brave a purple eye and to my and I'm sure your surprise I was actually pleased with how it turned out.

I carried out my usual makeup routine (let me know if you want a blog post on that?!) before priming my eyes with my urban decay eye primer. Then taking my Sleek 594 eye palette I applied the lightest pink to the inner area of my eye and built it up to achieve a bolder colour.

Sleek 594 palette

Urban Decay primer potion





From the same palette, I patted on the darkest pink colour to the middle of my lid using a flat square eye brush, again building the colour up. This shade is really gorgeous! Perhaps a dupe for MAC cranberry.

Again from the Sleek palette, and the same brush as the pink, I took the purple shade to my outer corner and slightly through the crease. Now for me, this shade wasn't as intense as I was hoping so I found my Becca Jewel Dust in the shade Mazikeen. I'd never used this pigment before so now was the perfect opportunity. You only need the smallest amount on your brush to create a really bold, bright look. I applied it over the top of the purple colour and again through the crease.

Becca 'Mazikeen'


To finish off I took my blending brush and blended the whole eye look to get rid of any sharp edges. Then, taking a small brush I applied my sleek highlighter from the contour kit to the inner corner of my eye and my brow bone.





I LOVED this look! Don't be scared of purples again!

Hannah xx

2 comments: