Tuesday 8 March 2016

One Heck of a Foundation

For what seems like forever and day I have been using Loreal Infallible Matte Foundation and we were a perfect match. It did me no wrong and I wouldn't let my eyes wander to new and different foundations.. until recently!

I was becoming a bit bored of my Infallible and I think my skin was used to it and was craving something new. So there was only one thing for it: a trip to good old Boots. I began by scouring my usual stands; Rimmel, Maybelline, Revlon, you know the drill girls! But then something drew me to the Soap and Glory stand, a place that is all too new to me and I stumbled upon the 'One Heck of a Blot' Foundation.



It claims to be 'Fabulous. Flawless. Full Coverage.'  I agree with the first two claims as it leaves my  skin with an airbrushed look which I love. However the latter isn't 100% true as to me full coverage is where no marks, freckles or acne scars etc. can be seen, but with this foundation imperfections still show through. I'd say it is more of a medium coverage which is still great.

Soap and Glory have also described it as 'All Day Liquid to Powder' which I fully confirm. It is fairly liquidy yet as soon as I buffed it in the powder finish came to life to leave a lovely matte finish. And oh boy does it last all day! I apply it at about 7 am every day, do an 8 hour work day with air con and heating blasting onto my face and then have a gym session after work. I arrive home at about half 7 in the evening so a good 12 and a half hours later and my foundation is still intact with little to no shine! So it definitely does last the 12 hours it claims to.

I have mine in the shade *Fair Enough* and it is a perfect match for me. I was a bit worried it would be too yellow for my skin but it matches lovely. There's a great spectrum of shades (all with cute names too!) so there will definitely be one for you to try!

I think this RRP's at about £10 so really affordable for a really great foundation. I will definitely be heading back to the S&G stand!


One Heck of a Foundation!


Hannah xx



No comments:

Post a Comment