Tuesday 24 March 2015

Battle of the Mascaras

So girls, please help me out and here and prove that it isn't just me that searches high and low for the ultimate mascara. I'm talking, THE mascara of all Mascaras, THE one that adds the volume, the length, the ability to flutter your lashes to get your own way.. THAT mascara. 

So I used to swear by Maybelline 'The Colossal' mascara, then I tried out Rimmel's 'Wonder'Full' mascara and fell in love with that. But then Benefit came along and tempted me with their new 'Rollerlash' and to no-ones surprise, I fell in love with that. However, just after I started to use it every single day, I heard the rumours that Maybelline had an exact dupe for a fraction of the price; which pleased me greatly. So I thought I would take the chance to do a comparison between the two, to see if they are exactly the same.

So I'll start with Benefit's 'Rollerlash'. This comes in at a hefty £19.50 which to me, is ludicrous for a mascara but hey ho a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do (for amazing lashes). I however picked up the mini tube just to see if I actually liked it before splurging on the full size.

How could I not resist this super cute little thing. I love the packaging, and to me that's always a selling point to me. If it has nice packaging, I want it, and will buy it. 

Anyway on to the actual point of this post: the quality.  
First of all I have to say that I love the brush of this mascara. It's a plastic applicator which I find really helps to coat all the lashes and add a curl to them.
As you can see, the brush itself is curved which again helps to catch all the lashes and add that extra oomf. If there's one thing I look for in a mascara it's how they manage to curl and keep the curl as my natural lashes are quite straight. And Rollerlash did this for me!

I do have to join the hype and say I was so impressed with this mascara that when it runs dry, I will most likely splurge on the full size. 

Now onto the drugstore dupe.. Maybelline's 'Lash Sensational' mascara. This RRP's at £7.99 but as it was a new product I snapped it up at £5.99, what a bargain! 
Now as I mentioned about Rollerlash having super pretty packaging, this Maybelline product is so aesthetically pleasing I couldn't quite believe it. The metallic pink is so cute, I couldn't not take it home with me.
I mean look at it. Just take a minute to admire that beauty. 
Now in terms of whether it is a dupe for Rollerlash, I would have to agree and say there is a LOT of similarities. Lash Sensational also has a curved plastic brush, which again, grips onto every individual lash and holds the curl all day.
If anything I prefer this brush as I did find it easier to ensure that I was getting an even application to each of my lashes But when you hold the two together it is hard to notice any differences. 
The only thing is that Maybelline Lash Sensational is slightly thicker than Rollerlash.

One thing I did notice with Maybelline is that the mascara was a lot more of a noticeable black which I LOVED. I always go for Mascaras that claim to be 'blacker than black' as I think it adds something to my eyes. 


I loved how it opened my eyes and drew attention to them with even just one coat. 

Overall I would say the two are quite similar but I do edge towards the Maybelline Lash Sensational slightly more, simply because I think it creates thicker and blacker lashes than Rollerlash does. Saying that though, I rotate between the two on a daily basis as I love them both!

But if you're on a budget/craving payday, then I would definitely recommend go check out Maybelline's counter until you can afford to splurge on Benefit!

Lots of love,
Hannah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment